1) Avoid common pitfalls
2) Put a stop to emotional eating
3) Tune in when you eat. Concentrate on your meal. Chew slowly. This way, you are quickly aware of when you are full and stop eating rather than to overeat just because you weren’t paying attention.
4) Fill up with fruit, veggies and fiber
5) Try not to think of certain foods as “off limits”. When you ban certain foods, it is natural to want those foods more, and then feel like a failure if you give in to temptation. Instead of denying yourself the unhealthy foods you love, simply eat them less often.
6) Take charge of your food environment: Set yourself up for success by taking charge of your food environment: when you eat, how much you eat, and what foods you make easily available. So don’t stock up on fizzy drink, biscuits and chocolates if you don’t wish to be tempted.
7) Make healthy lifestyle changes. You can support your dieting efforts by making healthy lifestyle choices. Quit alcohol, quit smoking.
Note that the best and fastest way to achieve weight loss is when u combine diet plans with exercise and workout plan.
(Article courtesy Oby Ekwuanua Ogbogu)