Taking care of your lady part
by Amaka Obi
1) Desist from using anti-bacterial soaps or body washes in that area. This is because anti-bacterial soaps can kill the good bacteria in that part of the body and can open you up to infections. Washing with warm water alone is actually enough. If you must wash with soap, then use very mild soap and make sure you rinse very thoroughly to get rid of any traces of soap
2) Avoid douching: Douching is the process of forcing water or other liquid into the vaginal cavity to flush away vaginal discharge. This act actually causes more harm than good and should be avoided
3) After using the toilet, always wipe from front to back, never from back to front. This is so you don’t introduce harmful bacteria from the anus to the vulva area.
4) If you play around with food or drinks in that area during sex, you might want to stop. This is because sugar found in these foods or drinks can cause irritations down there. so avoid that
5) Always wear panties with cotton lining to allow vulva breath and prevent dampness. This means you have to pay more attention to the type of panties you buy. Make sure its cotton or at least it should have cotton material in that region.
***Vulva is the outer part of the vagina. The part people usually call ‘vagina’
July 19, 2018
November 16, 2017
November 15, 2017